What's the Job?
To help support our continued growth, RaceRocks is seeking a collaborative, energetic, and creative Director of People and Culture with exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to develop and grow a talented team. From attracting the best applicants to engaging employees, the Director of People and Culture will play a key role in driving the next phase of growth at RaceRocks with a people-first approach.
This is an exceptional opportunity to design and lead strategies to recruit, develop, and retain top talent for an innovative, indigenous-owned, and led company who prioritizes cultural awareness, safety and competence.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and empathetic leader with demonstrated experience collecting and synthesizing input from stakeholders, identifying opportunities for improvement, proposing creative and pragmatic solutions, and thoughtfully designing process rollouts through a change management lens.
Who Are You?
- A champion of equity, diversity and inclusion, someone who will cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees.
- People person who takes pride and pleasure in developing talent and creating engaging workplace cultures and environments for staff at all levels and from varied backgrounds
- Team player who enjoys building, creating, and executing new strategies
- Trustworthy in managing sensitive situations and information; you are discrete, professional, and possess excellent judgment
- Collaborative; you enjoy gathering stakeholder input to create innovative shared solutions that meet the needs of the organization
- Detail-oriented and compliance-minded; you enjoy dotting i’s and crossing t’s
- Comfort with the uncertain; you are motivated to move forward, make decisions, and finalize details quickly once information is available
- Committed to equitable and inclusive practices in all phases of your work
- You believe in the talent and potential can change the world
What will you do?
- Lead RaceRocks’ PeopleOps team to improve current recruitment and hiring processes to attract quality diverse employees at every level
- Develop talent pipelines with higher education and community partners
- Define, create, and execute the communications strategy and branding for recruitment and talent acquisition, providing an exciting and accurate preview to candidates who are considering working at RaceRocks
- Build and maintain systems to track and communicate with candidates
- Implement and continually improve RaceRocks’ onboarding and new hire training process, making sure that employees feel welcomed, informed about their benefits, and prepared to excel in their roles
- Lead Culture-Building, including RaceRocks Culture Committee
- Work with RaceRocks on our continuing journey with the Progressive Aboriginal Relations program
- Help define and create strategies for RaceRocks’ organizational culture goals, working to make RaceRocks an employer of choice
- Help ensure that RaceRocks is an equitable and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and can thrive through trainings, coaching, and overall strategy and practice
- Continue to build and evolve RaceRocks’ talent development processes including organizational core competencies, goal-setting, performance metrics, 360 degree feedback, coaching, and semiannual reviews
- Manage RaceRocks’ professional development programming, identifying and implementing training and development opportunities for individuals and teams
- Lead the People Ops team to administer benefits and ensure compliance
Qualifications / Skills:
- At least three (3) years proven experience leading PeopleOps or HR teams within a growing a company
- Highly skilled communicator; exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Fluent in change management strategies and best practice; proven success in implementing change across an organization
- Data-driven and results-oriented; proven ability to manage data/metrics and make data informed decisions
- Self-starting self-motivator
- Ability to identify and work with key decision-makers and influencers
- Bachelor’s degree or CPHR or equivalent; MBA or related Master’s degree is a bonus
- Cultural awareness training
- Knowledge of indigenous histories, ways of knowing and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action
*RaceRocks strives to offer opportunities without formalized education that can be a barrier for talented, passionate applicants. This is not a requirement however we need a candidate who can prove a strong understanding of HR law/policy in Canada.
Who are we?
RaceRocks is creating a world of limitless learning through innovative learning experiences and custom software tools for military and aerospace partners. Our team utilizes cutting-edge technology to create realistic, interactive experiences for learners to practice and adapt from the classroom into the real world. Our goal is to Enable Teams and Empower Decisions.
From immersive game engines, VR, AR, AI and machine learning we use leading technology with appropriate pedagogical approaches to consistently advance the state of training. In a nutshell…we make learning fun, memorable and meaningful!
We are a people-first company committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are working hard to create career paths for those who are passionate and eager to grow both professionally and personally. We are proud to be an Indigenous and woman-led business helping to foster opportunities across the tech industry.
- Extended health benefits including dental, life insurance, vision care and mental wellness program
- Optional bi-weekly team social hosted by the Culture Committee
- Professional development program
- Flexible work hours
- 5 weeks Vacation at director level
- Work from home stipend
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo security assessments as required by Public Services and Procurement Canada.
Candidates will be asked a series of questions at the time of applying. If you answer no to any of the questions, your application will be automatically ineligible for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
$106,000.00 - $124,000.00