Level: Intermediate - Senior
What's the Job?
As a Learning Technologies and LMS Specialist, you will be a part of the Learning Design team, leading and collaborating on the use of delivery and design technologies for immersive, decision-driven training systems. In our flexible workplace, you will collaborate with a team including Subject Matter Experts, other Learning Designers, Developers and Artists.
You will be the learner’s advocate. Applying your learning technology expertise, you will work directly with clients from needs analysis to Learning Management System (LMS) deployment to advise on technology requirements, design course architecture, and build and test engaging learning experiences using tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate, and Saba Cloud LMS.
Learning solutions that you may bring to our clients to solve their training issues include:
- Transfering face-to-face training to a blended model by advising on technology solutions to design a new program including distributed learning courseware, LMS course architecture and reporting, and onboarding program
- Integrating a task trainer or simulator into existing programs (designed in collaboration with our developers and artists) to build confidence, develop skills or address skill fade
- Increasing reporting potential of courseware or task trainers with xAPI or SCORM to improve access to information through a client’s existing content management system, or by offering new options
What will you do?
- Support clients in understanding the best media and technologies to meet training needs.
- Define reporting, onboarding, and administration needs to develop a training delivery plan including course architecture and deployment/reporting strategies.
- Examine, review and correct content for consistency and accessible learner experience.
- Produce and publish media-rich, responsive content:
- Design and build course architecture within LMS(experience with Saba is an asset)
- Create interactions and assemble course content using eLearning software (knowledge of Articulate Storyline/Rise and Adobe Captivate an asset)
- Test Distributed Learning packages in a LMS and assess effectiveness, including SCORM/xAPI reporting.
- Work with other Learning Designers to grow and enhance your discipline expertise
Who Are You?
You believe learning should be fun and engaging. You look to technology for learning solutions—YouTube has helped you fix your bike or re-pack your tent.
You excel at taking complex ideas and making them accessible to both internal teams and external stakeholders. You have a knack for proposing eLearning authoring and deployment solutions to help optimize learner experience. True satisfaction for you is finding a creative solution to solve a puzzle.
You bring empathy and clear communication to everything you do. Collaboration is your jam. You value the different perspectives on your team and thrive in an open and diverse environment. You have an “honesty over perfection” mentality; you can own your mistakes, strengths and struggles, and help build a safe environment where others can do the same. When faced with the uncertainty of new clients or projects (unclear project requirements, changing processes or stakeholders, new tools, etc.) you thrive on helping create a platform for successful teamwork to happen.
Your past experience and training has helped you grow to be a confident designer/architect when working with learning technologies and an LMS. You feel confident you can work with the qualifications and skills outlined here.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Proven experience with:
- Structuring courses within an LMS (Saba Cloud an asset)
- Developing eLearning courses with custom interactions using authoring software such as Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate
- SCORM, xAPI and generating reports
- Highly skilled communicator; ready to collaborate through uncertainties and lead clients/teams to clarity around technology solutions
- Self-starter with a passion for learning technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma (preferably in a related field)
Who are we?
RaceRocks is creating a world of empowered decision-makers through innovative learning experiences and custom software tools. Our team utilizes cutting-edge technology to create realistic, interactive experiences for learners to practice and adapt from the classroom into the real world. From immersive game engines, VR, AR, and machine learning we use leading technology and sound pedagogical approaches to consistently advance the state of training. In a nutshell...we make learning engaging, memorable and meaningful!
We are a people-first company committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are working hard to create career paths for those who are passionate and eager to grow both professionally and personally. We are proud to be an Indigenous and women-led business helping to create opportunities across the tech industry.
- Extended health benefits including dental, life insurance, vision care and mental wellness program
- Optional bi-weekly team social hosted by the Culture Committee
- Professional development program
- Flexible work hours including optional flex Fridays
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Work from home stipend
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo security assessments as required by Public Services and Procurement Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and would love to hear from you if you are excited about this role. We know our “perfect” candidate may not check every box, and that’s okay. We encourage you to apply as we want to find people who are as passionate about learning as we are and want to grow with our team. Compensation will reflect qualifications, experience and education.
$63,000.00 - $90,000.00